Srinagar is the largest city and the summer capital of the Indian union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. It lies in the Kashmir Valley on the banks of the Jhelum River, a tributary of the Indus, and Dal and Anchar lakes. The city is known for its natural environment, gardens, waterfronts and houseboats.
Lying on the banks of River Jhelum with deep and mesmerizing valleys cascaded in sky scraping mountains and evergreen beauty, Srinagar blends together the tints of nature, beauty, harmony and romance.
With deep and mesmerising valleys cascaded in sky-scraping mountains and evergreen beauty, this heaven on Earth leaves you absolutely mesmerised. Right from Chashm-E-Shahi to the exotic Shalimar garden, Srinagar offers bountiful of places to visit. Surrounded by mountains for the adventurous lot to lakes for photoholics to shopping markets for the spendthrifts, Srinagar does not disappoint anyone.
The snow clad peaks in the Himalaya and the undulated hilly mountainous regions are perfectly suitable for all types of trekking expeditions. Sonamarg is the base camp for many trekking expeditions. The major treks passing through various mountain lakes such as Gangabal, Vishansar, Gadsar, Satsar and Kishansar has its base at Sonamarg.
HOW TO REACH
Srinagar is on National Highway 44 and is connected by the highway network to all parts of the country. Distance from Jammu to Srinagar is 257 kms (approximately).
Bus Service J&K State Road Transport Corporation operates buses from Srinagar to Jammu and New Delhi on regular basis. Tourist Taxis .Taxis (Innova, Tavera etc) operate between Jammu and Srinagar (To & Fro) on shared seat basis. These are mostly run by private Tour operators.
Srinagar has its own airport and all major airlines operate daily flights To & Fro Srinagar City. The airport is located at a distance of 14 kms (approx) from the city centre.
At present, Srinagar is connected by rail from Banihal. The work on Katra - Banihal section is expected to complete in a few years which will connect Kashmir valley with the rest of the country.
Kashmir Honeymoon Package
4Night 5Days Tour
Package Starting from Port Blair International Airport
DAY-1 TIME ITINERARY
Guest will Reach at Srinagar Aiport and transfer to Houseboat in Nigeen lake and your Kashmir Honeymoon Tour will start. Get fresh at houseboat and start visiting famous places in kashmir. Enjoy the famous Shikara ride which is part of kashmir trip. Visit Boulevard road at dal lake and do some shopping as well.later return to houseboat for dinner and overnight stay
DAY-2 TIME ITINERARY
Next Day morning after breakfast transfer to Gulmarg. Stop by at Tangmarg on the way for some tea and snacks. Feed your cameras with picturesque beauty of Tangmarg. Further proceed to Gulmarg. Board Gondola cable car ride and visit Kongdori at phase 1 and Affarwat at phase 2. May do skiing/ sledging and snow biking at phase 1. Return to main town again and check in at hotel for dinner and overnight stay. Have a good nights sleep to get fresh again for next day and continue on your Kashmir tour
DAY-3 TIME ITINERARY
Next day drive towards sonamarg and continue enjoying you KASHMIR HONEYMOON TOUR , "The meadow of Gold" via Sumbal byepass. A journey of 120 kms shall be covered in about 3 hour time. On the way one may stop for water rafting at River sindh. After reaching sonamarg visit Thajwas Glacier on poneys and Zojila pass by hiring union taxi. Check in at hotel for dinner and overnight stay
DAY-4 TIME ITINERARY
Return to srinagar next day. After reaching srinagar visit Nishat, Shalimar gardens. Post lunch visit Pari mahal and Tulip garden. Handicrafts market is a must visit place in srinagar tour. Check in at hotel for overnight stay.
DAY-5 TIME ITINERARY
This day is reserved for tour. On the way stop by at awantipora ruins. Visit Aru valley, Betaab valley and chandanwari in Pahalgam. May also visit Baisaran valley ( Mini Switzerland ) on Poneys. Check in at Hotel for dinner and over night stay.
DAY-6 TIME ITINERARY
Departure from Pahalgam and proceed to srinagar airport. Your Srinagar tour package ends.
• 05 Nights accommodation in suggested or similar category hotels
• Meals – Breakfast, Dinner as specified in the itinerary
• 1- 4 Pax based on Taxi which one is suitable for 2 Adults and 2 children travelling together and 4- 5 Pax based on Innova suitable for 4 to 5 Adults travelling together for transfers and sightseeing. (Please note that AC will be switched off while travelling in hilly terrain, Vehicle is not at disposal).
• GST 5% (Government Tax) on total package price
• Airfare /Railway Fare
• Helicopter Ride
• Any other meals than those mentioned above
• Any up gradation in hotel room category
• Any items of personal nature like tips to guides, drivers, laundry, telephone charges, shopping, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water (unless specified), and food and drink which is not part of set group menu
• Any optional tours, excursions, supplement costs, services and activities not mentioned in the itinerary inclusions
• Any extra cost incurred on behalf of any individual due to illness, accident , hospitalization or any personal emergency
• If the Guest decides to cancel the tour for any reason whatsoever then s/he shall give a written application to the Company within specified time limit along with original receipt issued by the Company. Such cancellation will attract cancellation charges stated hereunder.
• Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation
• Cancellation charges for any type of transport ticket are applicable as per the rules of the concerned authority.
• Air tickets issued on special fares are NON REFUNDABLE and Guest shall bear cancellation charges.
• Any refund payable to the Guest will be paid after the Company receives refund from the respective authorities. The Company deducts processing charges from the refund to be paid to the Guest.
What is the capital of Srinagar?
Srinagar, city, summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir union territory (Jammu is the winter capital), northern India, situated in the Kashmir region of the Indian subcontinent. The city lies along the banks of the Jhelum River at an elevation of 5,200 feet (1,600 metres) in the Vale of Kashmir.
Which is the best time to visit Srinagar?
Srinagar has a pleasant climate and therefore, travelers love to visit the city all through the year. However, the best time to visit Srinagar is from April to October. During this period, people can admire the real beauty of this city as the whole valley gets covered with blossoms.
Is alcohol allowed in Srinagar?
The Jammu and Kashmir government has ruled-out a ban on sale and consumption of liquor in the only Muslim majority state of the country.
When can we see snow in Srinagar?
For skiers and lovers of snowfall, the best time to visit Srinagar to see snowfall is between October to March. One can enjoy a winter marvel that Srinagar turns into, with temperatures dropping to as low as minus 10 degree Celsius.
Is there snow in Srinagar in May?
Sinthan Pass, which is a place known by very lesser people. We went in first week of may 2016 and surprisingly got to see heavy snowfall for 30 minutes. This place had 20 ft of snow and even we could not reach to the top point.
Is Srinagar safe?
Dont get panic about kashmir, Kashmir is safest place in world especially for tourists. If u have planed to srinagar dont worry or dont cancel the trip once u will visit here after that u will see the hospitility of people towards tourists here.